- About Us
- News and Notes
- How to Give Back
- Family Resources
- Contact Us
- Scholarship Info
The scholarship lottery for the 2013-2014 school year is now closed. Check back in the fall when the lottery for the following school year will open. CSFP scholarship recipients must financially re-qualify every year to continue with the program. Requalification forms are mailed out in April.
FAQ about the CSFP Scholarship
1. Who qualifies for the scholarship?
All applicants must be Philadelphia residents with children attending K-8th grade. The total family income must fall within the income eligibility scale. You may only apply for your biological children or children that you have legal guardianship or custody.
2. When can I apply?
Applications are available starting in late November and are open until March 1st. We will accept the first 7,000 applications. Preference is NOT given to early applications; however you must apply by March 1st to be considered.
3. How do I apply for the scholarship?
You can apply online through our website or contact us for a paper application.
4. How are CSFP scholarship recipients chosen?
All scholarships are awarded using a random computerized lottery which is conducted in early March. Lottery winners will receive a registration form that must be completed in order to remain eligible for the scholarship.
5. How do I know if I won the lottery?
All lottery winners will be notified by mail in March. Only winners will be notified. If you would like to receive notification in the event that you are not selected, you must send us a self-addressed stamped envelope to: CSFP, P.O. Box 22463, Philadelphia, PA 19110.
Listed below are the four steps lottery winners need to complete to be considered for a CSFP scholarship.
1. All lottery winners will receive a registration form and a school commitment form. The registration form is to be completed by the parent/guardian who applied for the lottery and the school commitment form is to be completed by the school you have chosen for your child. Along with these two forms, we must receive all required documents by the indicated deadline.
2. Scholarship recipients may use the scholarship at a private or parochial (must be tuition-based) school of their choice. Please see our School Directory for a list of schools in the Philadelphia area. When searching for a school, please keep in mind that the maximum amount awarded to 2013-2014 recipients was $2,200, per child.
3. After we receive all the required forms and documents, your scholarship amount will be calculated based on your household size and income. Please refer to the income eligibility scale to estimate the percentage you will receive. For each of the next four years, you must re-qualify to continue with the CSFP program.
4. After your registration is processed and your award amount is determined, you will be invited to our Annual Award’s Ceremony held in June to receive your award letter.